Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sick Day (and Night)

Last night Avery awoke throwing up. Poor kid. The first time i got her bathed and all cleaned up, she threw up all over again. So we had another bath in the sink. She still threw up 4 more episodes--twice after we put her back to bed. Luckily, in all these 4 cases she successfully avoided her pajamas and sheets as we held her in creative angles and lifted her quickly out of her bed. It was quite the late night party. She and I finally fell asleep on the couch, where my right leg and foot was eaten alive by a zealous mosquito. Just before midnight I could take the itch and dead arm no longer and she and I moved back into our own beds.
Avery is a little quieter--and more cuddly--today. She even gets to have her binky all day, something she only gets at naps and bedtimes.
Still, she couldn't resist giving me this smile after swinging in the cool morning air had sufficiently restored her mood and I got the camera out. It's nice, and reassuring, to see her smile. Pushing Avery in the swing is educational for me. Last week, she kept saying, "Hi!" and I kept saying "Hi, Avery!" Finally, a bit exasperated, she pointed with her finger and said, "Up!" Apparently I was not pushing her "high" enough.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

RatalieNose said...

ohh poor poor bean, that picture of her in the tub is SOOO SAD AND TENDER!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh poor poor baby!!! I hope she recovers quickly...

Anonymous said...

sweet avery girl, i hope you feel better soon.

✩Molly✩ said...

Sorry your baby was sick. That is NO fun. We have gone through that a few times with Scarlett.

your hair looks SUPER cute in that picture with avery.

the mosquitos have been after me, too lately! And they are so sneaky, searching for that tiny bit of skin that is not covered. the blood suckers!

John and Anna said...

Bekah, I know this post is about your sick sweetie, but I just want to tell you that your haircut (as seen in the first picture) is so cute. I know you've had it that way for a long time, but it really looks good on you. That's all! Love ya!
Anna