Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ballet Buddies

Wednesday is possibly the most anticipated day of the week for Abigail. Why? Dance class. Wednesday morning, for an hour, she and other 3-4 year olds go to the Little Ballet on North May where Ms. Melendie transports them to another world of fairies, princesses, butterflies, tap and ballet. To say that Abigail adores it would be an understatement. Some days Abigail is already dressed in her dance clothes before I roll out of bed. She loves having her dance bag, full of her tap shoes, ballet shoes, leotard, tights, water bottle and ballet bucks. All throughout the week, she asks, "Is tomorrow dance class, mommy?" The entire experience is even better because Abigail's friend Caroline attends also.
I think I signed Abigail up in the beginning because I wanted her learn to dance, and have more coordination-confidence than I ever did. I have no doubt that she will pick up some of that; but now, I take her because she anticipates it all week and loves every minute she is there. The second and third weeks I took her, I got her there late, and it was entirely my fault. She was so stressed out to be late, and I vowed I would not do that again. She makes sure she is ready hours ahead of time, the least I can do is get her to dance class on time. One week, as I drove her there, she remembered to say her morning prayers and asked, "Please help me be good in dance class." It is hard for a young 3 year old to always understand and stay focused--I know, because I've observed, though she does great the majority of the time. Well, when I picked her up that day, Abigail said excitedly, "Mom! I told Ms. Melendie I was so good in dance class today and she said to me, 'Abigail, I'm so glad you know how good you were in dance, because you were extra good today.' Heavenly Father answered my prayer!" It was so sweet to see her excitement over being able to be attentive and work/play hard in class. It's the best $28 I spend all month. (BTW, if you have a daughter that you think would like this class or another class, I can get you the information)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

RatalieNose said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

That really is just absolutely darling! I can't wait till I can have a family and have experiences like that!

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh! $28 a month?!? I SO want info! Please. :)