Sunday, October 26, 2008

Letter to "pedr"

Warren's uncle, Peter, is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Central America. Here is Warren's letter to him:

der pedr, ( Warren typed that by himself)

I can run 10 miles an hour. I know because I was racing my mom home
from my friend's house and she was in the car. At school I am learning
about one song called, "The Family of the Sun." (You sing it to the
tune of "The Farmer in Dell") Here are my favorite verses:

The family of the sun, the family of the sun.
8 planets all in all, the family of the sun.

Mercury is hot, and Mercury is small.
Mercury has no atmosphere, it's just a rocky ball.

There is a verse for every planet, but Pluto is ex'd off on my sheet,
since they decided Pluto isn't a planet because there were 2 bigger
planets than Pluto. We are studying planets at school. 10 10s is 100.

I'm going to be Prince Caspian for Halloween. And I have a plastic sword.

I made a telephone line out of a hose. I wish I could show you in the
email, but I can't. It would be like this: I put it in the playhouse
window and I speak through it and mom and dad will hear me. Or
Abigail, but to Avery I just say baby words to.

This is funny; we have two (play) cars and they're made of wood and
one just has 1 circle and one has 2.

Here is Warren's testimony (age 5) to share with your investigators:
You try to stay clean not dirty. Dirty is your sins, and clean is no
sins at all. I believe that if I am clean with Jesus' help, I will be
happy.

Love,
Warren

2 comments:

Emily Lauren said...

I love it! Pete will be so happy to get it tomorrow :) Warren is such a stud!
I hope Avery is feeling better :( Poor thing.

cherryl said...

When talking about 'smart' my kids often gage it in comparison with Warren, usually it is "not as smart as Warren". He is so dang cute and smart. Everyone has different talents though, so thats ok, cuz my Emma can shake her hips like no other... ha ha!
so darling that he put that much thought in the letter, my kids just draw pictures!