Monday, October 27, 2008

3 Happy Faces. Sisters.


These were the faces created by Sarah tonight when she descended upon our house with 3 pumpkins, boundless enthusiasm, lots of patience and lots of love.

These are the 3 faces the smiling faces above created.
It's amazing how much easier a pumpkin carving tool kit makes the job.I love the enthusiasm Sarah has for holidays. I love doing special things, but sometimes the project has a hard time making it out of my brain and into reality. But Sarah makes special moments happen. I've always loved my sisters--I have 4, and now also a wonderful sister-in-law--but after reading this article, I am consciously dedicated to making them an active, living part of my life, not just people I see on Sunday or call to watch my kids. I'm not great at nurturing friendships; I admit I'm kind of a homebody with an independent streak that often makes me hard to be with, and I'm too opinionated for my own good and probably most others' comfort. But who better to wear off these rough edges than sisters?
More shots of the evening:



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I really like your sister Sarah!! She's so easy to talk to, and SO nice!!

Meg said...

oh lordy I read that article...it had me openly weeping. That whole story is such a testament to the wonderful works God does for us.
Enjoy your sisters Miss Bek! They are fabulous as are you!

cherryl said...

i commented below too, but just had to say here how amazing you are bekah! you are so talented, i constantly am saying to random people in the family how impressed i am with you. i wondered what type of girl andy would marry, and i was just thrilled at his choice. you are brilliant, your kids are beautiful, they are so lucky to have such a talented, dedicated, wonderful righeous mother! i love you -cherryl (I am going to buy a pumpkin carving set now)

RatalieNose said...

Sarah truly is amazing!!! As are you Bekah!! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful sisters!!!