
This is pretty self-explanatory. Now let me explain why I laughed and had Andy take a picture instead of stressing out: Emily, the magic cleaning lady who also happens to be my sister. I actually was making Saturday a pretty rotten day for myself--heaping on the guilt, wallowing in indecision, thinking about my messy house and undone organizational projects rather than doing anything about them--and then magically, Emily shows up. While I organize the mounds of recipes--from classes, cut from magazines/newspaper and printed off Internet--that had taken over a much-needed counter top, Emily cleans like a whirlwind around me. Oh, and Abigail and Avery are napping, and Warren is at Schnepf Farms with my other sisters--Sarah, Natalie, Annie--and Sam, my youngest brother. So at the end of an hour and a half, I tackle a big mound that needed organizing and purging, Emily makes my house sparkle and my kids are all being taken care of. A wonderful turn-around to my day. As Emily left I thanked her with something like this, "Even on days like today when I look lousy, I don't have to stare at myslef in a mirror all day and feel bad. But, I do have to look at my house all day and that reflects back to me my impressions of myself, so thanks for giving me a makeover." Which is why, instead of being really upset about Avery pretty much trashing what remained of my makeup, I was able to laugh. Sisters make all the difference in the world, and they definitely give the best makeovers--of all kinds.

3 comments:
Yay for sisters. I love your sisters too.
Hahaha way to change your perspetive!! What would we do without sisters?
Post a Comment