Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What We're Up To


Life here has been pretty normal. On Monday we went to Bercy Parc, a beautiful, large park with neat shopping nearby. Andy and I went there on Saturday for date night. You can see several of the cool features of the park in the slideshow below. The rosegarden was lovely, and since they were pruning that day, the gardeners gave us several roses. It was "Be Nice to Abigail" Day, so Nat bought us all yummy caramel corn and the little cones they came in became a crown for Abigail. The fountains were great. We had a fun time picnicking, playing, walking, watching bocci ball games--so popular in France, I think of you Sarah, I even bought the kids a set to play with rubber balls--and looking at stores. It was a beautiful day, we left just as it started to sprinkle a little.


Tuesday we went to the Shirtliff's to teach Sis. S how to make crepes and galettes. It was a yummy, fun time. Afterwards, we walked to Andy's school and met him after he was done, picked up pitas and fries at our favorite place nearby, walked a great market street and then ended up at the Jardin des Plantes for a nice stroll.
Today, I cleaned--I finally got rid of the scary smell in the bathroom by cleaning EVERYTHING with bleach. Yeah! This morning when Warren went into the kitchen he came and told me, in a concerned voice, "Mom! Birds got into our kitchen last night I can tell because there is bird poop all over the floor." That's when you know it is time to mop. There were no "birds."
We sent Natalie to the Louvre this afternoon, and the kids played while I plan our vacation here in France. It is stressful, but it will work out. At least I know where we are going and what dates we will be there. We have lodging for one week of our 2.5 so far, and I am working hard on the other 1.5. I'll let you all know...

No comments: