Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our Favorite Things

Bekah: My favorite thing about my dad, well something I have come to appreciate since I have been in a foreign country and since I have become a parent, is his fearlessness. My dad is not afraid to talk to anyone. That's amazing. Sometimes it was a little embarrassing when I was a kid, but now I have only admiration for this quality. Sometimes I just pretend I am like my dad and it makes me bolder.
My favorite thing about Gordon is his loyalty. Gordon sticks up for the people he loves and the causes he believes in. Once someone was mildly rude to me in his home, and he later let me know how that upset him and made me feel like I was the greatest person around. He is not afraid to take a side and stick with it. That being said, he is also thoughtful when presented with opposing or just different views, and doesn't get stuck in mental ruts. Because of this, he is always learning something.

Andy: My favorite thing about my dad is his ability to teach and explain things. In childhood, I learned about mathematics, science, and computers from him. He always seemed to be able to explain things in a way I could understand. I still enjoy when he teaches a Family Home Evening lesson or when I get to discuss life with him.
My favorite thing about Jerry is all the small things he does to make life easier for us. The attention he pays to each of our kids individually. The dinner invitation every Sunday, and the relaxed, restful, and refreshing environment that is there. The advice and encouragement when we need it. The excitement and enthusiasm for things that are going on in our lives personally, professionally, and educationally.

1 comment:

TuTu said...

Thank you both...this is a remarkable Father's Day!
Andy, you are the best father! Thank you for being so wonderful.
Gordon, you and I are the most fortunate fathers in the world! Happy Father's Day!

Jerry