Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In the Neighborhood

Yep, we went to the Eiffel Tower--again. I think that is inevitable when you "live" in France but you're in vacation mode. Every time I see it I am still impressed by it's grandeur. Warren and Abigail, of course, remembered their "dance." While Aunt Nat went to the top floor, the kids and I checked out the 2 parks nearby. Warren made a good friend, a girl just about his age. They played the entire time together: telling secrets, playing pirates, buiding stuff in the sand all the great things creative minds do. I was glad he enjoyed the time so much; if our new friend is reading our blog, thanks for making our day extra fun at the park. Drop us an email or leave a comment, if you'd like.
We walked past this store and I loved all the red awnings and red flowers in the windows--the picture really doesn't do it justice. As we passed, I also noticed the ground-level flower beds were all red, the workers wore red shirts and there were several matching, red, bicycles. What a statement! My mum would've loved it.
About every other day, Warren picks me flowers from our "meadow." (He took this picture) Today instead of just picking the top few inches, Warren got the stems, too. We ate dinner with them at the table. Oh, and later he picked more for Abigail, Abigail picked some for Avery and Avery picked some for Warren. Proof that giving is fun.
Last night Warren was coaching Abigail on how to climb our tree. It was hilarious! When she did well he would get so excited; when she didn't do what he advised, he became so frustrated. Hmm--a dose of parenting reality? At any rate, he was so proud to teach her and she was so proud to make it up by herself a bit.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grandma T. said...

Hi Beckah, It's good to see you guys today. xxoo

TuTu said...

I love the picture of the flowers that Warren took. Abigail, you are a better tree-climber than Jane! Just watch out for the go ril las!

We love you all.

Papo and Tutu