Friday, May 09, 2008

In My Life, I've Loved You More

Andy and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary today. We were going to have a nice dinner at home--no babysitter, but we went out when Melinda was here--but ended up fasting instead for my good friend's newborn baby who is having heart complications. So, we picked up Andy at an earlier Metro stop, walked to the carousel together and the kids all had a ride. It was so picturesque: Sacre Coeur just up the hill, the pretty carousel, the music--which wasn't the usual circus-y type--was very nice. After that we walked up the steps to Sacre Coeur and then took a longer way home to see a street we haven't spent much time on, but that Lindy said was really nice. It was. (See the fruit stand below; I liked how all the red fruits and vegetables were grouped together.)I bought bread at a bakery on that street and made PBJ's when we got home. I had told the kids about our anniversary and we had planned to light all these candles that are around our outside eating area. Since we weren't really having a big meal, Warren carried this little wooden table down to our meadow. Abigail brought 3 candle holders and I brought the PBJ's.

We all sat in the meadow and lit a candle for each child that has come in our 6 years of marraige. The kids ate their sandwiches. I picked some of the little daisy-weeds that grow all over so we would have flowers. It was fun.
Total Steps today: 9,280
Yesterday: 14,100



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice anniversary. (Also looks like Lindy gave some haircuts while she was there?)

Laurie said...

What a cool carousel!!