Monday, May 12, 2008

Around the Neighborhood

Total Steps: 14,480
French words: mome: kid (there is a circumflex over the o)
While the girls napped and Andy worked from home this afternoon, Warren and I tried out a new park just down from Sacre-Coeur. Then we walked up over the hill to ride the carousel, but it was closed for an event. We walked around and rode the other carousel. Since we didn't have the stroller we came home a different way and I realized there are so many cool little streets and areas I didn't know existed! There are also parks along the route, so I will take the kids without the stroller and stop at the parks all along the way. Warren really enjoyed the time together. He asked me if Abigail ever got to go out with me like that, "secret time" I think he called it. I told him no since she is asleep. He was pleased to have time together. Later we were writing a post card to our neighbor and Warren said to tell him that he was glad he got to have time with just mom. I'm glad we ventured out.
After naps, Andy figured out where 2 parks were that we hadn't been to that were very close to our house. We set off to check them out, and they were both great. I will definitely be going back. At the first one, there was a little bike/scooter/roller-blade track, and Warren just ran around it for lack of a set of wheels. At the second park, when Avery was sitting several feet away from me and was approached by another mom and little girl, Avery turned around and pointed at me, like, "I'm not alone." Avery is really in to pointing at things. 2 nights ago, while I was at the store, Andy bathed the kids and then needed to detangle and comb Abigail's hair. He got the comb but couldn't find the bottle of detangler. He hadn't even said anything about combing Abigail's hair, just sat down with the comb, when Avery looked at him, then pointed on top of the family room mirror to where I had put the detangler that morning. She really comprehends what is happening around her. Tonight she repeated, "I love you," after Andy as he was putting her to bed. Last week at the park, Abigail's shoes were missing and I asked Abigail where she had them last. She didn't remember, but apparently Avery did, because she set off and led me right to them, about 100 feet away at another sand box.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Avery, what a smart little cookie your are!!

RatalieNose said...

What a Bekandy!!! Avery is no doubt a Lewennings! That's so great you and Warren got some Mom and Warren time. When I'm there you can take Abbigail out if you want to! Love you all!!!