Saturday, May 10, 2008

Andy here,

One of the fun things about being in France is the attention to detail they put into the food. And not just the taste of the food, also the presentation of it. There are bakeries (boulangeries) everywhere and most of them also sell desserts. Many or these stores design and arrange the food so beautifully that going inside is like visiting a high-end fasion store. Well there was one dessert at the bakery around the corner that I thought looked absolutely amazing. One night I ran to the hardware store and saw the bakery and the dessert again on the way back. I came back and told Bekah and my mom how delightful it looked and that I was going to have to get it some day. Well my mom wanted to see it so we went back, and then she bought it for me. It wasn't that expensive, but I hadn't treated myself to it yet--it was so nice for my mom to do it for me. Here's what it looked like: (It's about 2.5 inches on each side.)

See the gold dust they sprinkle on top? And the way they write the bakery name in tiny gold writing on that top chocolate square? Wow.

And when you buy individual desserts like this they give them to you in a cool box that looks like this:


So I told Bekah that the dessert couldn't possible taste as good as it looked, because it just looked too good. Well we broke it out later that night when the kids were asleep and it DID taste as good as it looked! It was amazing. It was like chocolate mousse inside, and the outside was nice and soft dark chocolate. Exquisite.

Thanks for listening. We will now return to our regularly scheduled program.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

RatalieNose said...

OH, Andy I love you!!! That looks and sounds absouloutely AHMAZING!!!!! When I come I will definently be splurging on that!!!!! Its a good thing I"ll be walking so much cuz if not I would gain like 50 lbs from all the food!!! Thanks for takin such good care of my sis!!!

Sarah Blue said...

My mouth is watering...YUM!!!

Emily Lauren said...

Wow, that looks SO good Andy! You know I'll be waiting for one of those chocolates right when you guys get off the airplane :) Mom's with me and she specified what size the chocolate was- I thought it was as big as a kleenex box. Ha ha, if only. . .

Melinda said...

I thought there was no way that chocolate could taste as good as it looked, but I'm glad it did! It was fun to see the chocolate and its box on your blog. Thanks for the call this morning. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Andy that looks so yummy!! I'm sure it's not the same thing, but it reminded me of the desserts they had inside the Paris hotel in Las Vegas. They looked amazing and I surely thought they wouldn't taste as good as they did. But they were so scrumptious! You could even eat the little decoration plates that looked like metal! So cool!