Many of you ask, "How are the kids adjusting?" Hopefully these pictures and stories give you a glimpse into what they think about Paris.
My kids really like the Metro. They like to get used tickets from me or off of the ground, and play "Metro" on the stroller, hopping on and off the back platform at stroller stops. Warren also like to sit at our comptuer at home, wear the headset and play airline pilot. As soon as he takes off, he lets us all know that the movies aren't working--which is what happened on our flight to Atlanta. Here they asked me, "Please take our picture" and so I did--with their Metro tickets. (FYI: They are free to ride on the Metro, only Andy and pay). Avery was so pleased with herself every time she got up on one of these funky pillars--the courtyard was full of them in varying heights. She did it repeatedly and every time, she put her arms over her head as a sign of victory.
Interspersed with all the pillars were these metal grates that went down about 20 feet and had water at the bottom. Avery was not sure what to think about them at all--her reaction definitely bordered on terrified. She would only walk sideways--like she was balancing on a ledge. She pointed down several times and looked worried. One time, when Lindy walked away from her expecting Avery to follow, Avery froze, and wouldn't move. She cried until I came over and held her hand and walked her off the grate.
Friday night we spent at the Louvre, because admission is cheaper then, and I am free, because I am under 26 (until May 21). We mainly visited the Egyptian and Mesopotamian areas because they had cool 3-D stuff--walls, sculptures, sarcophagi, a mummy--and mid-way through, Warren and Abigail began taking pictures. They would just aim the camera at some artifact and shoot. We have at least 50 shots; nothing that great, but very funny that they did it. After a while, I looked and Abigail, a la Aunt Natalie, was taking pictures of herself. This is the best one. In church today she bore her testimony and she said, "I like France. The plane ride was scary, but then my mom put makeup on me." Oh, to be 2 and have a little lipgloss solve life's problems.





3 comments:
What cuties. So, are you guys there for work? or vacation? or forever? or what?
Victoria's afraid of the grates, too! There's a TINY one at the MAC - seriously only 4 inches across and a couple inches deep - and she won't go over it without holding my hand! Even then, she steps WAY over so she doesn't have to actually step on it. Pretty funny.
What a great testimony, love it. Lipgloss ALWAYS makes me feel better. I was afraid of grates when I was small. If you think about it, those holes look a lot bigger when you are little than when you are big.
Post a Comment