Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Surrounded by Little People

I was shoveling compost from my bin to my red wagon when I noticed there were a lot of earthworms in it. Having studied earthworms in the 3rd grade, I feel an aversion to hacking these helpful friends apart, which was what was going to happen next when I shoveled all that compost into my garden and then hoed it. So I called Warren over. He was more than happy to rescue the worms. So helpful.

Avery and Warren got cards in the mail from Grandma Lindy--funny since I guess it was Abigail who inspired Lindy to send the cards. Blame it on the Post Office. Avery saw Warren open his card and the resulting stick of gum that fell out, so it was with huge anticipation and glee that she opened hers. (The chalk markings are all the parking spaces Abigail drew on our driveway yesterday for bikes).
Andy just explained this picture to me. On Saturday while I was gone all day at a Let's Play Music training seminar (I'm teaching this fall! Do you have a 4-7 year old? Let's talk!), Warren emptied the entire contents of his clothing drawers onto the kitchen floor. Who knows why? Naturally, Avery went through the clothes and dressed herself. (While on the topic of dressing one's self, Warren told me today that he now can tie his own shoes; "I did the whole tying frame at school, mom!")
Lest you think Abigail dropped off the face of the earth, I have a story for her, too, but she forbade me from taking a picture. Abigail got the book "Pinkalicious" for Christmas. She has memorized the entire book and sings it to the tune of "Jolly Old St. Nicholas." She has also decided that her birthday--which is several months off--will be a Pinkalicious party. She even started making a guest list--which I am not allowed to take a picture of--she is very into writing currently. Sometimes I see her tracing letters in the dirt or sand. (Another aside, whilst on the topic of handwriting: Warren said to me yesterday, "Mom, I love handwriting so much, I could work on it all day at school!" and the day before, "Mom, I love going to school and learning. I want to learn about everything like--------" and then he listed off a whole bunch of stuff. And that is why I send my child to Montessori School.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Holly Janeen said...

ah, montessori.

KatieZ said...

Oh, gosh, I'm glad that I happened on your blog. I am putting Campbell in the music class, but I already turned in my deposit for the Fall! Is that even refundable? Are you teaching from your house?

email me at katie.zaharis@cox.net

Thanks!

RatalieNose said...

I must learn from Warren. And I bet Abby's handwriting is better than mine...W's is.