Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Price of Freedom

Last year, Andy and I took our family to live in France for 3 months. Of those 3 months, the most meaningful experiences I had centered around visiting the beaches of Normandy--the D-day landing sights and the burned-out village of Oradour-sur-Glane. Both times, I had one big regret: that I had not brought along the soundtrack to "The Price of Freedom" to listen to in the car. As we drove the coastline of Normandy, I remember singing whatever phrases I could remember, and it made the experience real to me. The good news is you don't have to go to France to feel the emotions I felt. This weekend and next at the Mesa Arts Center, you can see the re-worked "Price of Freedom" for cheaper than a movie. So no excuses--unless like me, you might have a baby that day. If you need motivation, go read the blog posts above, then click here to get info and order tickets and hear some of this amazing music. Do it--you'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

RatalieNose said...

love love love that music!