Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Like to Talk to You When You're in Heaven


"I like to talk to you while you're in heaven," said Warren last night, as he leaned over my 9-months-pregnant belly. Avery added, "I love you, baby Madden" (Madeleine). Abigail followed up with, "I love to feel you when you're in heaven." Then Warren asked me where the baby's spirit was right now: in me or in heaven? I told him I didn't know for sure. But I do think that the space between heaven and earth is not always defined by distance or place, but by the state of the heart. We have a hymn that sings, "Home can be a heaven on earth when we are filled with love." At moments like this, that is easy to believe.

This final stretch of pregnancy has been unique for several reasons: I am still sleeping great at night and the baby moves a lot. Usually my babies kind of "settle down" near the end, and it is hard to have the kids see or feel the baby's movement. Not this time. One of my favorite ways to keep my children still in church is to have them rest their hands on my abdomen to feel the baby move. They are usually rewarded with quite a show.

277 days down, 3 to go (give or take a few).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

So cute. And wow, any minute now! Good luck!

Marily said...

Yay. Cute. Love the name and the subtle frenchness of it.

RatalieNose said...

Yay for baby number 4!! I can't wait to see how she fits in with the others!

Laurie said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were this far along!! Good luck with everything!!