Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Saturday

Saturday before Easter is the day for coloring eggs, hiding and hunting for eggs, and sugar highs. Usually we do the hunt in our gynormous backyard, but because of the rain--and being a relatively new, stressed-out mother of 4--we had it at my parents'. This is great because their grass is lovely and green. Mine vacillates between dead and overrun with clover and weeds, so I have them to thank for the pictures--and Andy's cell phone. I forgot our camera. The funniest story of the event actually happened Monday, after Easter. Warren and Abigail both wanted a hard-boiled Easter egg in their lunch at school. So I packed them each one and then got the rest of the story from their teacher. She was seated next to Warren at lunch and noticed him happily eating his egg, when she heard shock and dismay from another table. She looked over to see stunned Abigail, who had just cracked a raw Easter egg onto her plate! I asked my mom about it and she said some of the hard-boiled and raw eggs got mixed up and so we dyed both. Luckily Abigail is resilient.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

lol...that is a great story...one to keep for the future, for sure...

Anonymous said...

oh wow! that would be quite a surprise cracking open a raw egg and expecting it to be hard boiled! that'd be a great april fool's joke on those years that easter is in march. i'll have to remember that one...