Well, if it isn't obvious now, my kids, especially Abigail, love to have impromptu parties. This afternoon tea party in late February was one of them. I pull out the antique china I received as wedding gifts, we have Powerade and orange smiles and any other random food that is easy to serve. For this one, I think we actually had made sugar cookies and Abigail decorated them all like butterflies, but that is not our usual workload. Just a fun extra.
Abigail really loves to plan events--any event. Sometimes I am a control freak and just want to get something done quickly and I try to sweep her plans under the rug. That never goes well. If I could give any gift to Abigail, it would be letting her live out her plans more often, just the way she wants them. Especially when we practice violin. I'm going to try it. Her birthday is tomorrow--why not give her a gift that will really matter? Kids spell "love" T-I-M-E. And while we spend plenty of time together, it is usually my agenda, or her idea tweaked with my efficiency that we are doing. From now on--ooh, that sounds final--I'm going to try hers whenever possible and semi-reasonable.
{Click on the collage if you want to see it enlarged. Their faces are worth it}


2 comments:
That is adorable! I love the shot of all the shoes lined up.
Can you show me how to make those collages? I need some help for sure!
And, love your thought that kids spell love as T-I-M-E. So true. I'm awful at letting them do things on hteir own time too.
Finally, at the risk of seeming totally lame or pushing my daughter on you, Maggie would LOVE a dressup party like that. If Abigaial ever has one again, let us know. I need to do better at getting me kids out to play with others. 'Cause I sort of suck at that.
Great to see the blogs again. Your insights edify us all.
I love you.
Papo
Post a Comment