Monday, May 24, 2010

I Love Creating

These are some of my favorite creations--ones that make me smile when I look at them. I think creating things with my hands and voice is so therapeutic. I want to get the "rest of my life" better organized, so I can really create some more beautiful, permanent works for my home: words on walls, pictures in my empty frames, pictures on my empty walls...
This strawberry bouquet was a Family Craft Day, aka Friday Therapy, creation from April. I had so much fun piping chocolate on those "roses." Really, it was therapy. It was fun to give away, too.
These banners were customs for a wedding planner, and these are the photos she sent me of how she staged them. I loved her idea to hang it on a chair.
This is my latest holiday banner, and I am especially pleased how I photographed it. I've had those flags since last year, when I decided sewing them on to the ribbon was too much work. I felt guilty I had so many unused, which is so my personality. However, I am so proud of myself for thinking of putting them in my old jars, vases and cups for this display. I smile every time when I see it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Love them all. That Freedom is awesome, especially with your clever display.

Elizabeth said...

Our ward was in charge of feeding 80 missionaries last week, and one of the sisters got a bunch of large mason jar mugs, filled them with peppermints and dove chocolates with the blue wrapping and then stuck twizzlers out like they were shooting out of the jar with some flags like those...totally creative.

RatalieNose said...

I LOVE the Love banner! It makes me smile!