March 22. "Kid Island" is a restaurant inspired by the real restaurant, "Islands." 2 kids per every adult eat free on Tuesday nights, so sometimes we go to celebrate parent teacher conferences. progress reports (Montessori school does not give letter grade report cards). Our kids love to order macaroni and cheese off the kids' menu. Really? Naturally, our kids were inspired and picked tangerines and hauled my bag of carrots outside for their own restaurant. They made signs and set the "table" and only kids were allowed, with the exception of their friend's mom. They actually wanted to charge neighborhood kids to come eat, and I hope I an not crushing their entrepreneurial spirit by discouraging them from charging $1 for a carrot. I think they advertised out in the front yard. On a related note, on Mother's day, they made a sign for "Mutherlind" (Mother Land) that I got to run through to enter the room, a la return missionary style.

No comments:
Post a Comment