Where have I been? Well, tonight I looked back through my pics to see how far "behind" I was and these were from February 17th. Awesome. This was a fun outing to Riverview Park for some afternoon fishing with Uncle Sam. Sam fishes many times each week and loves it. For him, it is the ultimate in enjoyment, and relaxation I would imagine. He's got everything he needs in one box, all under his control.
Me, what do I do when I need to feel more control? I balance my accounts. Yep, I reconcile all the the checks, the credit transactions, the bills, the dividends (all $.10 of them--really, how annoying is that to enter?) the debits. Somehow, it feels really great to see the "showing balance" and the "actual balance" all in accordance. And to know where every cent I spend is going, by category. Maybe I missed my calling in life as an accountant. Anyway, me and my accounts had some therapy tonight, since my music class registration is in full swing. Yikes. I wish it were over.
Oh, don't you just love Avery? Look at her. Avery melts people's hearts. She is so sweet and kind and the way she talks is so cute. She is in swim lessons right now. The first day was a little rough, but once she realized she gets a dum-dum sucker at the end each day, it has been smooth sailing ever since. What does Avery do to feel control? Definitely sucks her binky. She gets it nights and naps, and the whole world is right when she has it. She'll say, "I want my binky" and then I know it is bed/nap time. Fool proof. Wonderful. But the other thing Avery did recently to gain control? She cut her hair Friday morning while I was still in bed. Oh lovely. I should've known it was coming. The odds are definitely against me, since Abigail and Warren never tried it, and I keep the haircutting scissors in my bathroom drawer (not anymore). If I ever find my camera, I will take a picture. It's pretty special :)

2 comments:
I'm just glad you finally updated, I always enjoy a little post from you. Can't wait to see Averys hair.
She just wanted to be like Cate! :) She's cute no matter what, so I'm sure the new hairdo is cute, too!
Post a Comment