Monday, March 02, 2009

More Fun than My Remote Control Race Car

The first time Warren held you, Madeleine, he looked up, eyes full of love and wonder, and exclaimed, "This is more fun than my remote control race car!" He meant it. Every morning since we've been home, he comes directly into my room--where I am usually feeding you--to hold you or just be by you.
When we first told Warren that you would be a girl, he didn't seem to mind. But as he got asked more often--"Did you want a brother?"--he began to wish a little bit for a boy. A few days before you were born, though, I asked him, "Warren, how do you feel about getting a new sister? Warm fuzzy, or cold prickly, or a combo of the 2?" He replied, "Both, because I kind of want a brother, but Avery is my friend, and Avery's a sister, and maybe this new baby will be my friend, too." I think he was right.
When Warren visited you in the hospital, he drew this on the whiteboard: you in a baby carriage and him alongside you. He also wrote your name "MALDLiN."
When we came home the first time, dad and I found this on the calendar: "MATILiN BRiThEA." The words from Abigail's favorite primary song come to mind: "God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be. This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God."
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

RatalieNose said...

I love watching the Big Brother with his sisters! So tender!

KatieZ said...

Congratulations!
Katie Z

John and Lisa said...

What a treasure. Congratulations again!