Saturday, March 21, 2009

Queens Pizza

On the recommendation of iheartmesa, Andy and I stopped into Queen's Pizza for dinner last night. Remember that I am an adventurous pizza eater, a bit of a pizza snob. In our marriage of almost 7 years, I think we have ordered pizza on our own maybe one time? I love to make pizza at home and load it up with anything that isn't pepperoni or plain cheese. For an example, check out this entry. So I was still a little leery of eating out for pizza, but I was encouraged by the fabulous aroma of last week's visit to Queen's when I picked up a menu and the friendliness of the owner.
Well, I was not disappointed. We ordered the Queen O' Clubs--a 16" thin crust--but thick around the edges--topped with olive oil, fresh garlic, mushroom, basil, tomato and balsamic vinegar (that last ingredient wasn't listed, but I could taste it and it was fabulous.) My mouth has not been so happy in a long time. Really. I get happy just thinking about how good it was. It was $17.95. We also ordered cheesy garlic bread, and it was awesome, too. Topped with rosemary and the perfect blend of soft and crispy, it was so good.
Queen's is located at 125 W. Main, right in the heart of downtown Mesa. The bottom of their menu says:
"Support your local pizzeria! Say no to bad chain pizza, call 480-964-1609."
They have awesome takeout specials, like an XL 18" cheese pizza & 1 dozen wings & free garlic cheese bread all for $19.99 with FREE delivery! (I suppose you could ask to pay extra and upgrade your pizza to one of their gourmet offerings.) That is what I will be eating next time I order pizza. They have other takeout specials, ask when you call.
One of the reasons I say that I love where I live is because we are close to downtown Mesa with it's funky blend of businesses, it's few restaurants, the library, MAC etc. Well, I've decided to put my money where my mouth is and start supporting more of the downtown life. If you like good pizza, I encourage you to do the same.

3 comments:

RatalieNose said...

I'm boring.
Pepperoni Please!
Though I did enjoy some of those frozen pizzas we ate in Paris.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Queen's Pizzeria is truly the best! Ted and I discovered it one night and fell in love!

Marily said...

Mmmmm. I'll have to go sometime.