
Each Monday night, we have Family Home Evening. It is a time for us to have some planned family instruction and fun time. We start with a song and prayer--the kids usually all lead the music, waving their arms to the beat. Then we have family talent time, where anyone can share a talent. These were last nights: Warren played, "I'm an Indian"--his first song to have both hands playing at the same time and doing different things. Abigail
frog-hopped
across the room from "
lilypad" to "
lilypad." Avery announced, "
Chugga,
chugga woo woo! Avery is a potty-train!" My kids have not yet understood that to be potty-
trained is not the same as a
train. So, they just all think that Avery is a potty-train. After talents, we have a lesson; last night's was about forgiveness and repentance. Afterwards we invite one of the children to share their testimony--basically what they know about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ--with us all. It is
always a sweet surprise to hear the sincerity as they speak of knowing that God
loves them. Next we always practice some skill; last night it was "the morning routine." We had the kids start out in pajamas in bed and go all through getting dressed, making beds, potty time, praying and breakfast--
except our "breakfast" last night was dessert. Bumpy dessert--Jennings family standard, what else? We end with another song and prayer, and then play a game if there is still time. Last night it was a quick puzzle. And that is family night. You don't have to be a member of my faith to have it! I encourage you to do it no matter who you are! And it doesn't have to have as many parts as ours. Just pick a time and be committed to it. If you want to see our "talents", you can watch them below. :)
5 comments:
AMAZING!!!!!
I love how while Warren's playing Abigail goes "That's good playing Warren!" They're all so sweet, beautiful and talented!!!!
I personally love Avery "streaking" during Abigail's talent. Uncle Ronny would be proud.
Love,
Aunti DiDi
No he doesn't read my blog, but he does know about the "in love" thing. He knows everything!
Oooo I'd love to hear some stories!
I have a feeling I know someone that theyre about
Bekah, I have a question...what method/book would you use when starting to teach a four-year-old how to play the piano? If you have any ideas, please share, that would be so kind of you. Thank you dear!
Anna
PS--You can just e-mail me back if you want, my e-mail address is my first and last names (no spaces or anything else) @ yahoo.com.
I love you all.
Papo
Post a Comment