Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lessons from My Daughters

Last night Madeleine said her prayers, and just after she finished, she opened her eyes, smiled and simply said, "I know Jesus loves me."

The previous night, Abigail was in the shower. She had just put conditioner in her hair, so I knew she would have some down time. I asked her to brush her teeth while she waited. Her reply? "Mom, I can't. See, what I do is, I dance." Sure enough, when I passed her the toothbrush, she was rocking out in the shower.

And again, last night, Madeleine woke up just an hour after going to bed, crying. I dismissed it a little, thinking it would stop, but Abigail, who was still up, went right in to comfort her. When I walked in, Abigail was sitting by her in bed, singing "I Feel My Savior's Love" while she patted her back. She has such compassion.

No comments: