Monday, September 26, 2011

If You're Happy and Your Daughter Knows It...


Preface: to understand this story, you have to know that one of my wonderful friends who sometimes watches my kids taught them to sing, "If you're happy and you know it say, 'Amen!'"

I decided to let one kid sleep in my big bed each night this week. Tonight is Madeleine's turn. As she lay next to me and I wrote out tomorrow's "to-do" list, I rubbed her cheek. After a moment of this, she sat up and leaned next to me, reached up her hand and rubbed my face. It was so sweet, I started to cry a little. Madeleine noticed and asked, "Mom, why are you crying?" I said, "Because I'm happy." She responded, "Could you say, 'Amen'?"

Unrelated but another happy moment of the day:
As part of Warren's Cub Scout requirements, he planned our meals for the day and then made breakfast all by himself--well, of course, Abigail the event-planner was there to help out, but he was in charge. I laid in bed :) He made scrambled eggs, toast with jam and apple slices. He even had to slice the bread himself. As they started eating breakfast, these were a few comments made: "Breakfast just is so much better when you plan it!" "These eggs are the best I've ever had." And they all ate it happily and energetically. I think I might start having him cook breakfast every Monday morning.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, how precious! You have some beautiful spirits girl!