Thursday, September 25, 2008

Warren's Wash-o-matic

One of the things I fully attribute to the circumstance of Warren attending Montessori School is that he enjoys work--as long as he learned the work at school. For example, washing clothes. This week he set up a washing station of sorts on his play fort in the backyard. He starts on the ground, filling an old chalk container with water from the hose. Then he climbs the ladder and pulls the bucket up.
Next he dumps the water, puts some soap on the clothes--courtesy of the foaming bathroom soap container, rubs the item being washed up and down on a metal shelf that resembles an old wash scrubboard. Then he rinses again and sets the item out to dry. The sign below hangs outside our house now. It reads: $1.00 for the Warren Wash to wash your clothes (not the clothes you have on)

Other housework Warren enjoys because of school: scrubbing, rinsing, peeling, rinsing again and slicing carrots; packing his own lunch each day; and just today he asked me, "Mom, do we have anything that we can polish?"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karlie Burnham said...

Hi Bekah!
Long time no see:) It was fun to get caught up on your blog...I can't believe you're on baby #4!! Congrats...I better get a move on! Your kids are so darling. I loved the snow story:) I heard Tiffany had her baby, which is wonderful. Hope to see you soon and we can plan a play date!
Karlie

RatalieNose said...

How did you get blessed with three kids who love to do chores?? Watch, number four's gonna be cooking at three months!