Thursday, September 11, 2008

Snow Day


Tonight was the first truly cool evening and night that we have experienced since we returned from Paris almost two months ago. Just after we finished dinner, the kids ran outside to jump on the trampoline in the strong wind. Warren could obviously sense the temperature change because he came in asking, "Is it going to snow tonight?" We couldn't convince him that just because the temperature dipped beneath 90 degrees it wouldn't snow. He came in with Abigail a few moments later asking for a carrot and raisins for the snowman he'd convinced her they were going to make. I gave them to them and when he asked, "Mom, what would you do if it snowed?" I replied, "I would let you stay home from school tomorrow and play in it." I feel entirely safe in my bet on the weather. Anyway, there was no snow, but it was beatifully cool--cool enough that we opened the windows in the kitchen as we baked together. The carrot--Abigail ate that, as you can see. I think Avery got to the raisins.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laurie said...

How cute!! The weather was definitely nice! It was the first time we played in the backyard since getting back, too!

JrJr Moreys said...

So cute...we will have to send pictures of our snow man in a few months.

Grandma T. said...

With kids anything is possible!

Anonymous said...

Your title definitely confused me at first! How fun and creative your kids are. I miss them (and you and Andy too of course!)