This morning I cut Avery's hair for the first time. Avery did not have much hair to begin with, but what she did have had grown pretty scraggly. Today as we left the YMCA I thought, "Avery looks just like she stuck her finger in a light socket." So, intervention was required.
I looked up "how to cut hair" on google, and clicked on the first site I found, hairfinder.com. I read how to do a seven-section segment job, and then used 7 little tiny hairbands and clips to hold them in place. Avery did not like this, and yanked them out a few times. So I started bribing her with Haagen Daazs Caramel Cone Ice Cream, a bite after each section. It worked for a while--long enough to read how to cut a basic bob (I have scissors because I already cut Andy and Warren's hair) and to get through most of the sections.
Although she was pretty feisty by the end, she really liked seeing herself in the mirror at the end. I was really pleased with the back. Unfortunately she didn't have long enough hair in the front or the front-sides to have it the same length as the back, but it will catch up soon. Anyway, it was an educational and mostly fun adventure. And like I said, Avery likes her new haircut--she looks in the mirror, points at herself and says, "Haircut."




4 comments:
Wow! That looks really good!
Oh Avery, you look so adorable!!! Great job Bekah!
Wow, so tender!!
Nice job Bekah! very impressive :o)
Post a Comment