Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love Bug

This is Warren's "Love Bug" he made to hold his Valentine's at school. I thought it was so cute, and so cute that he named it that himself. He missed Valentines Day celebrations at school, but friends brought his box home for him, and this is why.
Thursday and Friday, our family caught the "love bug"--you know, the germs you share because you love eachother so you all end up throwing up and nauseous? Well, just me and Warren and Abigail. The whole situation was exacerbated for me because I made a new soup for dinner. It was a bit of a gamble: it had lamb, apples, curry and coconut milk, among other things. Beside that, it was a recipe that was part of a children's book we checked out from the library, so who knows if it really had ever been made before? But I like trying new things, so I made it, and didn't like it at all. I usually like everything. I don't think that in our almost 8 years of marriage and cooking that I have ever completely thrown a meal away. Friday I did. Well, technically, Andy did it for me, because by that time I was lying sick on the couch. He liked the soup. Warren said it was gross, Avery tried a few bites, and Abigail said, "I hate this. It tastes like dog." To which, I replied, "Lamb, acutally." :)
So Friday, I kept Warren and Abigail home from school in case they were contagious. We all felt fine by then, so we had "home school," which means I repeatedly set the timer for 10 minutes and we did "work." This meant spelling tests, making words out of the word 'valentines', silent sustained reading, singing time, group reading time and a chore for Warren. For Abigail, tracing and stenciling, handwriting cursive words and sounding them out, singing time, story time, coloring, a chore and using hand-held letters to spell 3 letter phonetic words. Avery colored and worked along with us. It was delightful.
Later in the day, I was working at the computer and turned around to see this:


Yes, those are the curtains. Yes, I told her she could keep doing it as long as I took pictures. I'm not sure what kind of message that sends. A funny Avery question from our snuggle time tonight: "Mom, what if I slept in the toilet and got sucked down the drain and came out in a different house and it had flowers on the wall?"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

sarah lewis said...

Oh Avey!!!!! She CRACKS.ME.UP.
AuntNat

Laurie said...

I love Warren's love bug!!

I'm glad everybody's feeling fine again!