Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Determination Personified

Just before Avery's nap, I snagged a mini cupcake from the kitchen and carried it back to Avery's room to share it with her. (I know, what a healthy choice). Madeleine, who was also in my arms, saw it in my hand the whole walk down the hall, so I knew she'd want some. I decided I'd give the cupcake top with the frosting on it to the girls, since I didn't like the frosting. So, Madeleine and I sat down on the bed by Avery, and I took the tiny cupcake wrapper off, and set it on my knee, and went about the business of breaking apart the cupcake.
Well, it was too much for Madeleine. She snatched that wrapper--all covered in yummy crumbs--and stashed it in her mouth before I could intervene. I tried to trade her for a piece of real cupcake, but, no, she would not have it! I tried to gently pry (can those words go together?) her mouth open, but to no avail. Madeleine has 5 razor sharp teeth that stand sentinel to her digestive tract, and nothing gets by them without her notice.
So, I gave up, Avery and I split the cupcake, and Madeleine ate the wrapper. Yum.

No comments: