Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why Avery Loves Thursday


Thursday is Avery day. Warren and Abigail go off to school, leaving her as the "only child." Besides putzing around the house together, doing makeup, moving laundry, eating snacks, reading books and going to the museum, there is another reason to love Thursday. It is "STINKY-MAN" Day. In our part of Mesa, Thursday is the day that both the recycling trash and green waste get picked up. And since our street has funky routes, we get to see the Stinky-Man at least 6 times! I know--how much more excitement can one 2 year old handle? She runs to the window, runs outside and climbs on furniture to get a better view of him, all the while calling out, "Stinky-Man!" I love it.

On a related note, did you know your recycling can help buy $25,000 of materials for our Mesa Library? Read about it here. To learn what can and can't be recycled here in Mesa--and there have been recent changes that are more inclusive--check here.

2 comments:

RatalieNose said...

"Stinky Man!" I love it! It's like how Mike the Bug Man will ALWAYS be Mike the Bug Man.

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

Oh man, breast feeding her doll!!! I about died when I read that. Funny, funny.

Your kids do say and do the "darndest" things, I love it!