(Warren is a "Lost Boy" from Peter Pan. He really wanted to be this. So he has a full body koala bear costume he wears, like the animal costumes the boys in the animated movie wear. Then we put a black eye on so he looks a little tougher. We finished it off with a rustic-looking slingshot and a wooden baseball bat for a club. )
This morning, after Warren unloaded the dishwasher: "Mom! Unloading that big silver pot lid totally let me know what I wanted to be for Halloween next year: a kitchen warrior. I could use it as a shield and have paper plates for armor and use a butterknife as a little sword."
Tonight I looked at the webpage Warren is making about himself. In describing himself he wrote, "I like to play imaginary games and sports like baseball and soccer." Imaginary games. I wish I could always remember the way I feel about Warren right now--I don't think I could ever be frustrated with him again. Or that I could remember how grateful I am to Abigail for loyally voting for her brother. Surely I could never be impatient with a child like that. Sigh.
4 comments:
I know what you mean! How could I ever get upset at them when they do such sweet things?? Yeah... Good reminder!
That Abigail voted for Warren is the sweetest statement. It almost makes me cry thinking about how sweet children are and how special it is to have siblings
I love your children.
love this!
Post a Comment