Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dance Recital, Spring 2011


Dancing has enriched our family far more than I imagined it would when I signed the girls up. Impromptu performances on the rug, learning to be prepared for class, family dance parties, more "shows" orchestrated by Abigail, time with friends, plans to teach their own dance classes when friends come over, and mixed throughout, little glimpses of lovely ballet form and movements. I just thought it would be fun and hoped they would feel more comfortable with their bodies than I did as a little girl; it has done that and so much more to make life truly sweet. Here are some pics from their dance recital last weekend, along with some comments made by various kids.


"Your neck is the 'beautifulest' bone in your body." --Abigail, quoting her teacher

"She needs a diaper wipe." --Madeleine, regarding the pirate-y smudges on Avery's face
Abigail and her best friend. She was so pleased they got be partners in all the dances.

1 comment:

RatalieNose said...

Thank goodness they'll be more coordinated than us! They slay me!