Saturday, July 09, 2011

Montessori Education

Our children attend a Montessori school and we love the Montessori philosophy of taking advantage of kids' intrinsic motivation to learn and encouraging them to learn on their own. We found this cool video the other day that explained one parent's perspective that we agree with:


The other day I told the kids that I wanted to work 45 hours in four days and asked Warren how many hours per day that would be. He answered, "It would be twelve hours on one day and eleven on the rest of the days," and I was pretty happy that he seemed to understand the concept of division without worrying about fractions or remainders.

- Andy

1 comment:

angela hardison said...

andy, thanks for sharing this. i found it really interesting. when the time comes we'll definitely be looking into montessori for our children (and i'm sure we'll want to talk to you guys about it)!