Avery: "Do you think Santa will take my binky if he sees me with it?"
Andy: "No."
A few minutes go by and Avery is calling "Dad!" from behind her closed door. Why?
Avery: "I don't want my binky anymore. Put it on the shelf because I'm 4."
Thanks to a nice lady from church, we had pre-made cookie dough in the fridge. So when Abigail asked if we could make cookies for Santa as I was making dessert for the family party and cleaning up, I said yes. She was SO delighted. She said, "Now I will find out if Santa is real or not. If the cookies are gone, he's real."
Warren wrote a note: "FOR SANTA ONLY!!!" and Abigail wrote: "THANCYOUFOOTHETOOS" (Thank you for the toys). Then she asked me, "Do you think other kids have left out cookies and soda for Santa?" I think she thought it was her original idea.
2 comments:
Well thank goodness she's ready to give up the binky. It's a Christmas miracle.
Maggie gave her binkies to Santa last year. It was a little rough for a few days, but worked great. She's been telling Max for weeks that he needed to give his binkies to Santa, 'cause she did. He's adamantly against this idea, and we can tell, nowhere near ready to do so. Maybe the Easter Bunny.
I haven't been on your blog in a while. I loved below post about Andy's graduation.. Congratulations to you both!! I got all teary when I got to the picture of Andy with the diploma and your 4 kids on his lap. That was so tender, you guys are both so amazing. I wish you could be my neighbor, I really really do. I love how you have brought so many children in to this world even while Andy was in school. What an accomplishment to not only have that diploma on your lap but 4 children also... then I had to continue in teary mode as I read the after party and how cute that he marched around with his diploma while you played the piano. Lucky lucky children, I wish you were my mom! I love you Bekkah, I think you are amazing. I want more women like you surrounding me, who value motherhood supremely and homemaking and womanhood. I loved looking at your blog today. (And I heard the news at family night, so happy for you guys!!)
Post a Comment