Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's Dr. Jennings to You/Just to Get a Binder?

It's official! Andy is a full-fledged Ph.D! It was a really moving, rewarding experience to attend Commencement. It never occurred to me that I would shed a few tears, but I did. Either Andy or I has been in school our entire 8.5 years of married life, so this is really the end of an era. I am so proud of Andy and grateful he never put our "real" life on hold to achieve this dream.
This is one of Andy's committee co-chairs, Dr. Barcelo. She was instrumental in getting us to Paris a few years ago. Thank you Helene!
The big picture! Afterward, we went out to dinner at Monti's La Casa Vieja with Andy's parents, my parents and Sarah. Good food, good company and good conversation all around. Thank you Gordon and Lindy for dinner and to ALL of you for coming.
Here's the "after-party" picture! We got Blizzards at DQ and ate them on the rug together (the table is covered in my Etsy mess.) Then Andy got dressed again and walked around the room ceremoniously/silly while I played "Pomp and Circumstance" on the piano. The kids loved it. Then he acted out getting his diploma and his picture taken. Warren took the diploma cover, looked inside and said, "You did all that work just to get this binder with only one folder inside?" Yep, Warren, he did.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

RatalieNose said...

Hooray for Dr. SPITUS!!!!! So proud of the whole family!!!

Jere Van Patten said...

Congrats Andy!!! That's FANTASTIC!!!

Allyson & Jere said...

Congrats! That is absolutely fantastic! What an amazing accomplishment for ALL of you! haha

And for the record, that picture of you at his graduation is absolutely beautiful. You look fabulous!

Sarah Blue said...

Congratulations Andy!! Such a wonderful accomplishment. :)

angela hardison said...

congrats andy!

Emily Lauren said...

Yay!!!! It's official! Congratulations Andy! It's been a long road, but you finally made it! So proud of Andy and so excited for your family!

And I totally agree with Allyson, you look absolutely gorgeous in that picture of you two!

KP said...

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!!! It is remarkable to not put real life on hold during school, that takes some faith & a lot of work. Super photo of you 2.