Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Nativity Role Requests

I asked my kids what they wanted to be in the Blake Family Nativity and this is what they said:

Warren: "I want to be Joseph" (his second choice would be a shepherd and his third choice would be an angel)

Abigail: "I want to be Mary" (her second choice would be an angel)

Avery: "I want to be monkey" (her second choice would be a monkey)

I included this picture since it illustrates the allure of the monkey. For Halloween, Avery had a really cute butterfly costume, very much like Abigail's, but in blue and purple. After wearing to to one party, taking off her wings, taking off her tutu, taking off her antennae--she only had her leotard on--we got home and she asked, "Mom, can I be a monkey?" I thought about what was in our costume bin, and said, "Yes." So we dug out the monkey costume and had a happy little monkey all night long. Avery flipped the long tail and loved it. Not to mention it was SO COLD that night and she stayed nice and warm.

Avery also asked me yesterday, "Tan I be a monkey when we do Chritmat Caroling?" (Can I be a monkey when we go Christmas caroling?) I told her yes.

(This is my neighbor with my kids; he was dressed as a redneck for Halloween, he is very respectable looking in real life :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was Jim!
Avery makes the cutest monkey!

RatalieNose said...

YES. YES. YES.
I want a matching monkey costume!!!!!!!