Abigail took about 15 ornaments off the tree today to play with them at the table. It seemed the perfect start to taking down the Christmas tree. So she spent part of the afternoon with me taking the ornaments off and sorting them by owner into boxes. I left for an afternoon sanity run since Andy was home from work--he's been going in at 5:30 am so he can come home early--and asked him to finish the ornaments and put away the tree.
Tonight as I put away the rest of the Christmas decor, I couldn't find a few items, like the tree skirt. I asked Andy about it, and he said, "The kids protested when I started taking the tree down, yelling 'Save Christmas' and carrying the top third of it into their bedroom."
Sure enough, there at the bottom of the closet was the tree skirt, and a few other items were tucked in their blanket basket. Ha ha ha.
2 comments:
That is hysterical. I so wish I could have Christmas taken down, but Jere REFUSES to allow such rudeness until New Years. Seriously, it's killing me.
"Save Christmas!!!!!" Haha little elves!!!
Post a Comment