Friday, October 09, 2009

Family Pictures

It's that time of year again--family picture time. Now I know this is a phrase that often causes more cringing than smiling, but not at our house. My dear friend Tiffany has done our photos for two years now, and she is so acommodating and open to ideas and delightful. Like today, I brought along violins, childrens books, a chapter book, paper airplanes and dancing clothes to use in our photographs. I wanted them to really reflect what life is like for our family right now--what we spend our together time doing. So for 2.5 hours Abigail and I practiced violin, Andy read to Avery, Warren threw paper airplanes, Madeleine crawled in the grass, Abigail danced around the landscaping, Warren and I read our chapter book together, all while Tiffany took pictures. It was mostly fun--like living our everyday life, but with a better background (we went to the MAC since it is so close to our house and has special ties to Mesa for us, which I like.)
Warren actually had the idea for this picture, and asked if he could hug me for it. I love that, and I love that to me it signifies a good step forward in our relationship as of late. I have really tried to make more "deposits" in Warren's account than "withdrawals", and I have had more joyful, sweet moments with him as a result. To me, this picture personifies that.
Afterward, on Abigail's suggestion and a family vote, we went to Organ Stop Pizza. The kids all loved it--even Madeleine--and they played Andy's request of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", which is the current favorite of my kids. It was a night of fun memories.

(If you want Tiffany to do your photos, email her here: tiffanyannphotography@live.com)

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I LOVE that picture!! My friend in Utah took pictures of the girls this summer, but we haven't had a good family picture done in over two years!

angela hardison said...

adorable photo of you and warren.

and i love the idea of your photoshoot being based around what your kids are currently doing in this stage of life - what a great way to remember when you look back on them.

Anonymous said...

I want to see more!! Such a sweet one of you and warren!

LEWIS LOVERS said...

LOVE IT! this picture is amazing

RatalieNose said...

You look SOOO CUTE!!!
Warren melts me!!!

KP said...

I want to se the rest of the photos. This one was sweet.

Allyson & Jere said...

This picture is AMAZING! I only feel cheated that I don't get to see the rest of them. Can I come over and check them out? What a great idea for your pictures, especially with little kids.