All last weekend, Warren wanted to put on a parade. So when the Labor Day BBQ rolled around at my aunt's, we pulled out our costume bin and my kids dressed up as what they want to be when they grow up. Abigail was a princess, Avery was a baby-toting Tinker Bell and Warren was an Artist/Cleaner. (Grandma Lindy is an artist) He wanted to be Man vs. Wild, like Cooper (see the boy with the giant bear on his shoulders and the backpack), but I told him he had to be something different. I guess he is also demonstrating that he may not make a lot of money since he chose to not wear shoes. Ouch.
Sometimes Abigail says "I don't want to be a mom," mainly because she has heard that it can hurt to give birth. I remember when I was in first grade dressing up on career day as a "Mom." I wore an apron. I hope some day all my kids realize the greatest job on earth is to be a mom or dad. Our parade only lasted a minute, but I realized it doesn't have to be a huge production to make my kids happy--or me, either.
*that said, the 3rd Annual Thanksgiving Parade is coming up the afternoon before Thanksgiving, so get ready! It is a little bigger than this one!Sometimes Abigail says "I don't want to be a mom," mainly because she has heard that it can hurt to give birth. I remember when I was in first grade dressing up on career day as a "Mom." I wore an apron. I hope some day all my kids realize the greatest job on earth is to be a mom or dad. Our parade only lasted a minute, but I realized it doesn't have to be a huge production to make my kids happy--or me, either.

2 comments:
I dressed up as Paige from Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
Oh yeah.
So fun! And I just realized we'll be there for the Thanksgiving parade! Woohoo!
Post a Comment