Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Excitement Personified

"He looks totally excited--and that's just the back of him!" --Andy
This was Warren about a month ago, headed in to his first day of First Grade in the Big Kids Class. (And yes, I really think all those terms are proper nouns)
A quick story about Warren and Abigail, told here for illustrative purposes:
Today was Abigail's first day of pre-school. 20 minutes before we were to leave for school she came to Andy, already dressed to the shoes--in the clothes she set out the night before--with a flower in her hair, and asked, "When is mom taking me to school?"
"In about 20 minutes," Andy replied.
"Ooh! I better go brush my teeth!"
A few seconds later, Warren--still in his pajamas--asks Andy, "Dad, can I have my 20 minutes of video game time now?"
Andy replied, "Warren, you're still in your pajamas."
Warren countered, "But if I were ready could I have it?"
"Yeah, if you were ready and there was lots of time left, you could have video game time."
At which point, Warren proceeded to sit on the ground and play with a piece of paper he found for 8 minutes. (And then he told me on the drive to school that he didn't get a chance to brush his teeth.)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Haha! The excitement wore off quickly, I guess?

RatalieNose said...

Bahahaha Night and Day difference!!!