Every mother should have and Aunt Annie--no, not for herself, for her kids. Ideally, she would be 12, love small children, volunteer to come over, babysit free of pay (most of the time), be super responsible but still young enough to be fun and play with the kids...practically perfect in every way. Yep, that is my youngest sister Annie. In addition, Annie also brings pre-planned activities, art projects, games, snacks and shows to put on. Once she brought all the supplies to make your own trick-or-treat bag. The kids made them and then while they got in their costumes, she decorated the playhouse and fort in the backyard like houses and then let them "practice" their trick-or-treating, with real candy, of course. Wednesday Annie brought all the supplies--right down to the pre-crushed Oreos--to make marshmallow truffles. After they made them, she then pulled all the supplies out to make holiday cards for my neighbors, even remembering to ask which of my neighbors celebrated Hanukkah so she could write the appropriate message. Then she let the kids decorate them. Then she took them Christmas caroling to deliver the truffles and cards. After that, she had them carol to me as I made dinner in the kitchen. Need I say anymore? Well, I won't but my kids will:
"I like Aunt Annie when she comes over because she brings toys." -Warren
"I like that she plays with us, and that she comes over, and I like that she watches us." -Abigail
Christmas funnies:
Last night the kids were all exiled to their room to play while I made dinner since Andy was coming home later than usual. After a while, they came and got me excitedly, saying, "Come see our Christmas tree!" They were so proud of all the ornaments they had hung on their chairs.
Warren asked, "What is the name of the 3rd wiseman? I know the first two: the wiseman, the foolish man, but what about the third?"

2 comments:
awesome! Our "Aunt Annie" is my cousin Natalie...we call her the family nanny because she loves all the babies in the family. She says our little boys are "the only perfect men in my life" :)
Oh, I would LOVE an Aunt Annie!!
And Warren asking about the 3rd Wiseman is hilarious!!!!!
Post a Comment