Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Day on Vacation

I am so behind on what we have done since we left Paris, that I will work on that later, and just jump in where I am. We traveled a lot yesterday and got in after midnight, so today we stayed at our "woodland gite" and had a great time "vacationing" in every sense of the word. There is a pool at our gite, as well as outdoor game sets in our gite and the space to play them. After seeing about 100 games in Paris, Warren was very interested in Bocci Ball, so he and I played 11 rounds today. I played until he said he was done. It was nice not to be the timer for once, to let him decide. We also went swimming for the first time this year! It was cold, and besides Warren and Andy--who really got in and swam around--we just floated on the great rafts, but it was great. We grilled for dinner, we watched movies with the kids...a really relaxing day.
Warren spent the entire time swimming around on this pool noodle, or towing rafts around. Abigail stayed on her raft, just like me.This video is Avery's first reaction to the pool. Lest you think she hated the entire experience, I posted this photo (above) so you can see she really enjoyed the pool deck. A lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Avery looks much happier on the deck and raft.
Has her hair always been that light or is it just me?

Grandma T. said...

What is a gite? Looks like a great place.

Marily said...

What beautiful surroundings, my goodness. Even the clouds look perfect.