Before Abigail naps each day, we read books together. Today I chose, “I am a Child of God,” a book illustrated with paintings by Greg Olson. As we arrived at the picture of the Savior seated with a little child leaning on His lap, Abigail said, “Mom, let’s sing, ‘I am a Child of God.’” So we did. I began with verse 1, and Abigail sang along, looking pretty confused. We finished and she said, “Mom , that didn’t go with ‘so my needs (pronounced knees) are great,” as she pointed at Jesus’ knees, prominent in the seated position he was painted in. Then I asked her to sing the second verse, and sure enough, she clearly sings, “I am a child of God, and so my knees are great.”
Our name pretty much says it: this is the story of the Andy and Bekah Jennings Family in words, pictures and video.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
December 5: It's all about the legs...
For a long time, Avery has been able to stand unsupported and to walk using all sorts of furniture. She even was able to take 1 step to go from couch to couch, but she did this rarely. But tonight, we were all in the kitchen and I turned and there she was, taking about 8 steps across the kitchen! She was great! I grabbed the camera and took her into the family room for this video. Avery will celebrate her 1st birthday on December 18. Congratulations Avery!
Before Abigail naps each day, we read books together. Today I chose, “I am a Child of God,” a book illustrated with paintings by Greg Olson. As we arrived at the picture of the Savior seated with a little child leaning on His lap, Abigail said, “Mom, let’s sing, ‘I am a Child of God.’” So we did. I began with verse 1, and Abigail sang along, looking pretty confused. We finished and she said, “Mom , that didn’t go with ‘so my needs (pronounced knees) are great,” as she pointed at Jesus’ knees, prominent in the seated position he was painted in. Then I asked her to sing the second verse, and sure enough, she clearly sings, “I am a child of God, and so my knees are great.”
Before Abigail naps each day, we read books together. Today I chose, “I am a Child of God,” a book illustrated with paintings by Greg Olson. As we arrived at the picture of the Savior seated with a little child leaning on His lap, Abigail said, “Mom, let’s sing, ‘I am a Child of God.’” So we did. I began with verse 1, and Abigail sang along, looking pretty confused. We finished and she said, “Mom , that didn’t go with ‘so my needs (pronounced knees) are great,” as she pointed at Jesus’ knees, prominent in the seated position he was painted in. Then I asked her to sing the second verse, and sure enough, she clearly sings, “I am a child of God, and so my knees are great.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my gosh, so cute!! I love watching new walkers!!! And Abigail and Victoria look so alike! Is she daring and goofy too?!?
As I read this out loud Casey said, "I wish my knees were great!" Love you Abby and awesome job walking Avery!! Can't wait to see you. Hopefully we'll get there on your first birthday!!
Well, I'm partial to December babies seeing as how I have two of them myself ;) That's so fun that she's walking!
That's so cute that Avery can walk!!! She looks so proud of herself too- her HUGE smile :) I can't wait to see it in person.
And abigail, as always, is the cutest! She says the funnest things! ha ha. . .
Post a Comment