Wednesday, May 30, 2007

May Birthdays: May 30, 2007

May is an exciting month at our house. First, Andy and I celebrate our anniversary on the 9th, then Mother's Day, then Abigail's birthday on he 17th--she is 2 this year, then my birthday on the 21st--I am 25 this year, then Warren's birthday on the 30th--he is 4 this year. It's pretty much a party all month long, considering we celebrate with the Lewis', the Jennings', the Peterson/Lewis Dessert Bash and often with the kid's friends and school, too. Anyway, here is a picture of tonight's celebration; even though it was Warren's birthday, Abigail and I blew out candles, too, since we were out of town on our birthdays. To celebrate W's special day, we had his favorite breakfast of pancakes this morning, then he took "Earth balls"--his favorite treat--to preschool and they did a special ceremony there celebrating each year of his life as he held the globe and walked around the wooden sun on the floor 4 times and Andy said something special about each year of his life. (I love Montessori preschool!) After school, we went to the Arizona Museum for Youth and had a great time playing. We stopped by Sweet Cakes on the way home for birthday cookies and then tonight after naps, we had one of his favorite dinners, spaghetti, followed by our carrot-cake birthday muffins. Okay, re-reading that, I realize the food sounds a bit over the top. My disclaimer is this: the pancakes and carrot-cake and spaghetti were homemade from fresh-ground whole wheat, the earth balls are 1 inch in diameter, and who wouldn't go to Sweet Cakes on their birthday to get a free cookie?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: