Thursday, May 10, 2007

Abigail's First Hair Cut

Abigail will be two on the 17th of this month, but until now, she has never had her hair cut. You can see it was getting a little unruly--luckily she likes hats. Anyway, with the approaching (encroaching?) summer heat, I knew we had to do something...
Abigail was her usual happy, sweet self as Lindsey--the hair stylist and a good family friend--combed through her hair. But when the first cuts were made, she got a bit more clam and stuck out her hand under the smock and said, "Hold my hand mommy." After a few minutes, she said, "Okay, I'm okay now."
When I cut Warren's hair--yes I cut Warren's hair--it is always a bit of a trial to get him to sit up straight and hold still (or maybe I should just learn to cut faster). At any rate, that wasn't a problem with Abigail. She sat very still. I was so proud of her.
Here is the final result. That is Lindsey, the stylist, on the left. Thanks Lindsey for a great job! I love Abigail's hair now; with the extra weight gone, it is really curly. You can't see that too much in this picture, but I'll keep posting!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

Oh my gosh! She is such a little doll! I love her curls. She's a cutie - that's for sure!

Emily said...

yeah she is definatly the cutest thing ever!!!