Saturday, July 09, 2011

What language should I sing in?

When we were in San Diego, we drove up to Anaheim on Sunday so we could go to church at the Garden Grove Vietnamese Branch where I served my mission. It's always fun to re-connect with old friends there.

Since it was Fathers' Day, I told my kids they could go up and sing with the six Vietnamese kids in the branch. None of them ended up going for it, which was maybe for the better because, although they sang in English, they sang "Mother, I Love You" but with "Father" instead of "Mother". I don't think my kids have ever sung it that way, and I'm not sure they would've known what to do, but it would've been fun to see them try.

Anyways, when I first told my kids to go up Avery said, "What language should I sing in?"

"English," I told her.

"I don't know English," she said.

"What language are you speaking right now?"

"Hola!"

It cracked me up.

- Andy

1 comment:

RatalieNose said...

Your kids make for great bridal shower conversation.