Last weekend, Andy, Madeleine and I went to Colorado for business, with the added bonus that Casey and Tiffany live in CO, so we got to chill with them all weekend. On Saturday night, we went to Rocky Mountain National Park. This first picture was taken partway up the mountain.
This picture was taken at the top, with an elevation of approximately 12,000 ft. Notice the changed color of our skin and the glacier. It was 55 degrees and a bit windy.
There were so many elk along the side of the roadways. It was neat to hear them bugle to each other, and to see them in groups. See how close to the road this one was?
Madeleine and CJ hung out on the floor; Casey and Andy golfed and Tiffany and I tried out new recipes in the kitchen. We made Nie's Chocolate Cake, and it was divine. I don't like cake all that much--it is too light and fluffy, and except for the frosting, generally tasteless. But I loved it and will be making it for my birthday next year. (And for anyone else in my family who wants it :)
I love living in someone else's world for a few days, since it always helps me see my world through new lenses. Tiffany inspired me to be more deliberate in teaching my children numbers, letters, anything. And Casey inspires me to enjoy each part of my day--whether it be studying or adventures or playing on the rug. Thank you to Casey and Tiffany for a great time! (And sorry that I am lame about taking any pictures of us baking.)
I love living in someone else's world for a few days, since it always helps me see my world through new lenses. Tiffany inspired me to be more deliberate in teaching my children numbers, letters, anything. And Casey inspires me to enjoy each part of my day--whether it be studying or adventures or playing on the rug. Thank you to Casey and Tiffany for a great time! (And sorry that I am lame about taking any pictures of us baking.)

2 comments:
how fun you got to go to colorado, all because andy is just so dang smart!
and the post about your grandpa was beautiful. i especially liked your comparison to a newborn sleeping, so tired. since we have a newborn, we have commented how they look like old men, wrinkled and bald, but in a sweet way. but i never thought of the sleep state, the burden of being awake and mortal too great... newborns not yet strong enough, and the elderly warn out and weak. such a beautiful comparison.
I'm glad you guys had a good time! It was great having your kids stay with us! Avery and I bonded!
Post a Comment