Thursday, May 07, 2009

Ode to Madeleine

Abigail's life is like a musical. She constantly is breaking into spontaneous songs and dances. In the car on the way home from school today she sang a rather long song for Madeleine in a very emotion-filled voice. I don't remember most of it, but here are my favorite lines I remember:

"Precious baby, I love you more than anything could be.
More than tender.
Love is a big hug, or kiss, or just a nice pat on the head.
You are the princess, the princess.
Mattie, you are the most beautiful baby; you skin is the prettiest, the prettiest.
Father in Heaven has sent you to me."

She then followed up her impromptu car performance with a Mother's Day number, presenting me with the gift she made at school. Here is that video:

7 comments:

RatalieNose said...

Oh my goodness!!!
If that is not precious, then I don't know what is!!!

TuTu said...

I am so glad you posted today.
What a great composition and vocal skillsxyou have, Abigail.

Papo

The Barnette's said...

Abigail is an unbelievable singer. Send her to America's Got Talent, stat.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so precious!! What a sweet girl Abigail is! Just full of songs!

Laurie said...

Just looking at Abigail makes me smile. She's such a happy girl with such a pure spirit! She really is a joy to look at and to listen to! :)

Emily said...

wow i watched this over and over again!! love it!

Sarah Blue said...

I loved how her finger was running across the paper, like she was reading the words to the song. So cute!