Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Amazing Train Blocks

Before Abigail napped in their bedroom today, Warren asked to have his wooden trains and Kapla blocks brought out. He spent the entire nap time building with them together. I joined him to help re-build the track, and he was full of ideas. He said, "Mom, when I'm grown-up I'm going to make a store where you can buy trains and Kapla blocks together in the same package, so they come together in the same box! I will call them 'Dream Blocks' because you can dream it in your head and go on it in your mind and then build it!" We re-built the ramp, trying all sorts of configurations to build the strongest support. Then the car kept stopping short of the end; Warren had great ideas to steepen the slope. We took a few out of the low supports and added to the high support until the car made it out of the final dip. It was fun to see how intuitively it came to him. He really loves building things. But he has changed the name of his block set to 'Amazing Train Blocks' because, "I think they're amazing, mom."
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marily said...

I have been wanting to get some Kapla blocks ever since I saw them at the children's museum years ago but thought I'd wait til the boys were a little older. Hmmm, maybe Christmas... Looks fun!

RatalieNose said...

That's our little genius!!! I love that second picture!!! I love Abigail's hair!

Holly Janeen said...

um, just one random question... is that his saliva all over his shirt from his chewing on it? or is that just the way his shirt is...
cuz it kinda looks... wet... and he has it in his mouth.